Here is what I came up with for Sankari's challenge:
The challenge this week at Stamp R Us is friendship. I made this card with my long-time friend, Joanne in mind. We met each other at work several years ago, instantly hit it off as friends, and worked together for 16 years until I had to leave retail due to Fibromyalgia. Of course we promised to stay in touch and get together as often as possible but life does get in the way and it's been awhile since I've seen her. She's really been on my mind a lot this week so I used the "I've been thinking about you" sentiment from Verve Stamps.
A nice lady whose name is Heather from SCS left a comment on my card in the gallery and said it fit perfectly for a new challenge that started this week at Dolce Stamps and Cards to create a distressed card. I rarely make a card without distressing the edges of at least one piece of paper or using inks to distress the edges so this was right up my alley. Thanks Heather for that tip!
One final look and supply details:
- Stamps: Verve Wildflower Plain Jane, Verve Small Phrases
- Cardstock: Stampin' Up!® Blushing Bride, Regal Rose
- Designer Paper: Stampin' Up!® Patterns DSP Stack Blushing Bride, Regal Rose
- Ink: Stampin' Up!® Blushing Bride, Regal Rose
- Tools: Spellbinders Lacy Circles, Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Cuttlebug
- Accessories: Ribbon, Buttons, Brads- from stash